Open Enrollment for 2014
November 13 – December 13, 2013
You have a full month to make your open enrollment decisions. If you’re satisfied with your current benefit elections, you don’t need to do anything except re-enroll in a Flexible Spending Account, as FSAs require re-enrollment every year.
TIP: Turn in your forms by November 29 to receive new insurance cards by January 1.
Don’t forget to complete your biometric screening and health assessment in order to receive a $50 gift card. Visit our OnLife Wellness site for details.
Benefits Fair flyer
Talk to your benefit vendors in person at the Employee Benefits Fair on Wednesday, Nov 20, from 9am to 3pm on the ground floor Ed II.
Benefit open enrollment communications
How to enroll or change coverage
Online enrollment for a 2014 Flexible Spending Account, Nov 13-Dec 13
(paper forms not accepted)
FSA Enrollment Instructions to help you enroll via Employee Self Service. (ESS will be down from 5pm Nov 15 to 10:30 am Nov 17 for yearly maintenance.)
FSA Worksheet to help you calculate your annual amount
Paper enrollment for insurances
Following are open enrollment forms which you can print, fill out, and send to our office. Forms must be received in our office by 4:30 pm on Friday, 12/13/2013. Changes will take effect 1-1-2014.
PREFERRED: Visit our office on 4C of the Central Building to complete forms.
Employees at ACH: Visit the UAMS Pediatrics Office in the Sturgis Building, 4th floor, Suite 4175.
FAX to (501) 686-5386. Our fax machine will be very busy. Make sure it goes through by printing a fax confirmation and keep it with your original.
EMAIL scanned form to AskHR@uams.edu. Only do this if you are sending from an internal UAMS email address so your document is secure.
CAMPUS MAIL, HR Benefits, box 564. Be sure to keep a copy.
- Medical Open Enrollment Form: Enroll, add or drop family members, change between Point of Service and Classic plans, or drop coverage altogether
- Dental Open Enrollment Form: Enroll, add or drop family members, or drop coverage altogether
- Vision Open Enrollment Form: Enroll for the first time, add or drop family members (but you remain covered), or change between Basic and Expanded plans. DO NOT use this form to drop all coverage.
- Vision Drop Form: use this form if you want to drop coverage altogether
- Premium Taxation Form: Change how Medical, Dental or Vision premiums are deducted from your paycheck, either before-tax or after-tax.
- Critical Illness Application: Apply to MetLife for $10,000 policy. Send to MetLife per instructions on the form.
Verify your change is processed via ESS
1. Log into Employee Self Service a few days after you submit your open enrollment form (to give us time to key it).
2. Click on Benefits and Payment, then Participation Overview.
3. Change Show Participation Overview as of date to 01/01/2014.
4. Click Go.
5. All the benefits you have as of January 1 will be listed.
6. Click on a particular plan. Defaults to to the one at the top, but you can click on any plan.
7. Go to the bottom and click Show Participation Details.
8. If you want to do this for each benefit plan, click Back and select another plan.
Not sure what you have now?
You can also view your Benefits Statement in ESS. This option differs because it shows every benefit plan and whether or not you are currently enrolled, while Participation Overview only shows what you have currently. Here’s how to view your Benefits Statement:
1. Log into Employee Self Service
2. Click the Overview tab, then the Benefits and Payment link. (Don’t click the Benefits and Payment tab directly, as your benefits statement won’t show – a glitch that IT is working on.)
3. Click UAMS Benefits Statement
4. Use the scroll bar or Page Up/Down keys to view each page
5. You can only view your statement in ESS. If you prefer a printed copy, ask your department SAP person to assist you by running transaction ZHRESSBENSTMT. Or you can visit our HR Employees Services office to request a printed copy.