The UAMS Leadership Academy explores the behavior of leaders and examines the observable set of skills and abilities leaders possess when operating at their personal best. Examine different leadership themes as you evaluate, explore, and develop your own leadership style. Learn new approaches from your UAMS colleagues and discuss how they are tackling the opportunities and challenges cited in the 2020 Strategic Vision. We encourage and expect you to use this course as an opportunity to grow as you apply these concepts to your work at UAMS.
The UAMS Leadership Academy is a six-month program designed to support the development of UAMS managers and promote relationships across departmental boundaries. This program invites individuals who have the desire to develop their leadership skills and to be a positive contributing force at UAMS. The prerequisite for participation in this program is a minimum of one year in a management position—not necessarily in your current UAMS position, but at some previous point during your career. Each participant is required to attend 90% of the sessions and achieve passing scores on all online assessments.
The prerequisite for participation in this program is a minimum of one year in a management position – not necessarily in your current UAMS position, but at some previous point during your career. Leadership Academy is a six-month hybrid program consisting of once a month half-day educational sessions, online content and assessments, and monthly brown bag sessions.
- To provide opportunities for leaders to advance their leadership skills in order to further their positive contribution to UAMS.
- To engage in the immediate application of content into the participant’s daily practice.
- To create an environment that enhances and promotes relationships across departmental boundaries.
- To provide an ongoing opportunity to mentor and/or consult regarding the development of employees and the organization.
- Examine and reflect on one’s self– and social-awareness and understand how these concepts impact leader effectiveness.
- Examine effective communication practices and develop strategies for handling difficult conversations.
- Develop strategies for coaching and motivating employees.
- Explore strategies to increase collaboration and accountability in teams.
- Applicants will submit a completed application to Organizational Development by January 25, 2016.
- Applications will be reviewed by the Leadership Academy Team.
- Applicants will be notified about acceptance into the program.
For more information, please contact the Leadership Academy Team:
Wesley Alford, Ph.D