The UAMS Leadership Institute is aimed at identifying and developing leaders who will contribute to the continued success of UAMS. Through facilitated group sessions, participants will explore various leadership competencies as well as pertinent issues facing leaders today. Participants will also engage in ongoing one-on-one leadership coaching sessions* that aim to enhance self-awareness in order to grow and develop as a leader. The UAMS Leadership Institute seeks to:
- Foster an environment where participants develop a deeper self-awareness in order to, build relationships with one another and learn from one another
- Provide participants with the tools needed to develop and enhance their leadership skills
- Acquaint the participants with campus needs, challenges and opportunities
- Retain and motivate future leaders
Criteria for Application
- Possess the desire to invest time and energy in self-development and growth
- Hold the position of director, business administrator, faculty, or the equivalent
- Professed interest and commitment to leadership
- Financial and time commitment of nominee’s supervisor for nominee to participate in the program
- Completed application
Applications are now being accepted for the 2017 Leadership Institute. The deadline for submitting your application is Friday, January 6th, 2017. All materials should be submitted to Amy Ballard at AMBallard@uams.edu or mail slot #566.
Please contact Amy Ballard at AMBallard@uams.edu or 501-526-7605 for more information.
*Please refer to the document, “UAMS Leadership Coaching” to learn more about coaching.