Dear Team UAMS,
Another election season is upon us, and I encourage you to take time to learn about the voting process as well as local, state, and national issues.
Important Arkansas election dates:
- Sept. 18, 2020 Absentee ballots mailed (get the application here)
- Oct. 5, 2020* Deadline to Register to Vote
- Oct. 19, 2020 Early Voting Starts
- Nov. 3, 2020 Election Day (General Election)
To support and encourage your participation in the voting process, employees may be permitted to arrive late or to depart early from their assigned workstations. This time is to be provided with pay and without the use of annual leave, sick leave or compensatory time.
In addition, pursuant to the Higher Education Act of 1965 and the National Voter Registration Act of 1993, the University of Arkansas is providing you with the following links to assist you in voter registration. If you are already registered to vote or do not wish to vote, please disregard this information:
- Register to Vote in Arkansas
- Register to Vote in Another State
- Complete the National Mail Voter Registration Form
Voting is one of the most important responsibilities we have as a U.S. citizen and an Arkansan. I strongly encourage you to educate yourself on the issues and participate in our civic responsibility to vote in the upcoming election.
Cam Patterson, M.D., MBA
Important Voting Information
Employees may be permitted to arrive late or to depart early. This time is to be provided with pay.
- For additional information, please visit the Arkansas Secretary of State Election Voter Information page.
* October 4, 2020 is the official deadline, but that falls on a Sunday so it shifts to the following Monday, October 5