The 2021 open enrollment window is Nov. 1-30, 2020. The changes you make during open enrollment are effective on January 1, 2021.
Be sure to make your benefit changes by the deadline!
Changes will take effect January 1, 2021.
Tools to help you make open enrollment decisions:
- Open Enrollment Checklist – one page listing your open enrollment decisions
- Oct 2020 letter from HR – mailed to all benefit-eligible employees in late October.
- Oct 2020 Benefits Bulletin – mailed by UA System Office in early October to all benefits-eligible employees
- 2021 Open Enrollment Decision Guide – mailed by UA System Office to benefit-eligible employees in October.
- Medical At a Glance for 2021 – one-page comparison of the three medical plans
- UA System Benefits website
- UAMS Benefits website
- How to get wellness reward
- Critical Illness plan, rates – these are monthly rates; multiply by 12 then divide by 26 for biweekly rates
- 2021 Insurance rates
- How FSAs work
- Health Savings Account Enrollment Form– use this form to change to the Health Savings Plan
- Changes to your UA Retirement Plan can be made at any time. Click here for the form
- Changes to your Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) can be made at any time. Click here for the form
- Dependent Verification Form– dependent documentation is required to add a dependent child and/or spouse to your insurance. Please Note: if this documentation is not submitted at the time of enrollment the dependent/spouse will not be added to the insurance.
For changes made to retirement contribution or HSAs contribution via paper forms, click the form link, print the form, fill out, and return to our office by email to AskHR@uams.edu, fax to 501-686-5386, HR secure drop box – Central Building 4C.
2020 Benefits Fair
Visit the U of A Virtual Benefits Fair, active now until November 30, 2020. You can “connect” with our benefit vendors online, through this site.
How to make open enrollment benefit changes
All open enrollment elections must be made online in Employee Self Service.
View these instructions for step-by-step details and screen prints.
Please Note: Access to Employee Self Service may be unavailable for several hours on these dates/times when payrolls are being processed: Nov 3, Nov 17, and Nov 20 for the biweekly and monthly SAP reboot.
TIP: Be sure to click “Save” at the top of each screen when you make changes in order to complete your enrollment.
If you’d like some help navigating Employee Self Service, plan to attend a computing lab session and we’ll help you! Scroll to the bottom of this page for dates and times.
All employees enrolled in medical must log into Employee Self Service by November 30, 2020, and take the Tobacco Pledge. Those who fail to do this, or who indicate they use tobacco and will not enroll in a cessation program, will pay a $50 monthly/$23.08 biweekly tobacco surcharge.
Not sure what benefits you have now?
- Log into Employee Self Service (ESS)
- Select Benefits
- Select UAMS Benefits Statement to see all the benefit plans available
- Select Benefits Participation Overview to see the benefits in which you are currently enrolled as of today or,
- Change the date to 01-01-2021 to verify you successfully completed your open enrollment elections.
Open Enrollment Computer Lab Sessions
Registration not needed. Just drop by!
All open enrollment sessions held in the Education II building, room 8C / 8th floor
- Thurs, Nov 5: 8 – 10:50 am
- Mon, Nov 9: 8 – 10:50 am
- Thurs, Nov 12: 2 – 4:50 pm
- Tues, Nov 17: 4 – 7:50 pm
- Wed, Nov 18: 11 am – 12:50 pm
- Thurs, Nov 19: 5 – 8:50 pm
- Tues, Nov 24: 8 am – 4 pm
For questions or concerns contact the Office of Human Resources at: AskHR@uams.edu, call 501-686-5650, fax 501-686-5386, Central Building 4C.