Tax Deferred Annuities (unmatched)

Housestaff, Residents and other employees who are ineligible for employer-paid retirement benefits (includes temporary employees, student employees, and employees who work less than 20 hours a week) are still eligible to make personal, unmatched, tax-deferred contributions to Tax Deferred Annuities or “TDAs”. TDAs  are also referred to as Supplemental Retirement Annuities or “SRAs”.

Employees who are enrolled in a grandfathered State retirement plan – APERS or ARTRS – are also eligible to contribute to Tax Deferred Annuities.

Because the contributions are pre-tax, they are not included in your taxable income reported on your W-2 when you file your Federal and State tax returns.  You can also make after-tax Roth contributions.  Visit the UA Retirement Plan web page for information about the Roth option.

You can contribute to either of the two investment providers:   TIAA or Fidelity.   Each has numerous investment options so you can manage your portfolio.

You may enroll in, end, increase, decrease or suspend your contributions at any time (subject to IRS limits).

Additional Tax Deferred Information, Forms

TDA Flyer – This is included in the onboarding material  for employees who are not eligible for UAMS retirement contributions

To set up a TDA account at TIAA:
On-line enrollment preferred, instructions. For assistance, call TIAA at 800-842-2888.

To set up a TDA account at Fidelity:
On-line enrollment preferred, instructions. For assistance, call Fidelity at 800-343-0860.

To begin or change your payroll deducted TDA contribution:
Visit Benefits Forms for the change your retirement contribution form and complete Section B.

Benefit plan information on these web pages is in a summary format and is not intended to replace actual plan documents. UAMS reserves the right to amend or terminate all or any part of any benefit plan.