A People and Culture Partner (PCP) is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated departments, service lines and/or divisions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. With the help of DCP’s Centers of Excellence, the PCPs strive to help their customers execute our human capital strategies.
UAMS’s People and Culture Partners provide a broad spectrum of strategic support that include but are not limited to:
- Supporting DPC’s vision and goals by developing and nurturing trust through working partnerships with their service lines and department stakeholders
- Fostering intra-organizational teamwork and collaboration across the UAMS campus
- Assisting UAMS leaders with the implementation of HR initiatives and change initiatives across business units and throughout the organization
- Becoming “business experts” of their supported areas in business operations, functions, products and services to better implement HR solutions and assist leaders to improve business outcomes
- Identifying organizational problems and opportunities within departments, service lines and/or divisions to maximize ROI and strategic effectiveness
- Developing evidence-based best practices from industry literature, peer-reviewed research and other sources, including experience, to share with their customers and other key stakeholders as needed.
People and Culture Specialists work directly with the People and Culture Partners, employees and managers to identify HR needs and opportunities within their assigned departments, service lines and/or divisions that include but are not limited to:
- Applying operational knowledge of functions, systems and services to assist in the implementation of HR solutions and initiatives
- Works with their designated departments, service lines and/or divisions as credible HR experts as quick “go to” resources for a variety of HR needs/questions
- Providing stakeholders with needed and relevant information, files, data, reporting as needed
- Identifying HR needs, existing programs, practices and policies to evaluate and find opportunities for improvement
- Ensuring scanning of documents and internal audits are completed regularly in order to maintain accreditation and compliance standards