Check out what others on our campus are doing!
Patient Care Services
Some other great recognition ideas!
(source: 450 Low-Cost, No-cost Strategies for Recognizing, Rewarding, & Retaining Good People by Carol Hacker, 1999)
- Name a special award after an employee such as a safety award, production award, years of service award, or community service award.
- Present an employee with a birthday card on his/her birthday that is signed by the whole department
- Create an “Oscar® Award” with several categories. Hold an awards night with employees as the emcees. Employees might also provide entertainment between awards.
- Greet all employees with a smile and call them by name.
- Pass out “Kudo®” candy bars for a job well done.
- Recognize an employee for a life-saving idea with a necklace made from Lifesavers®.
- Thank employees for efforts in front of their peers.
- Invite honored employees to have lunch with the Vice-Chancellor or Department Head of your area.
- Decorate the employee’s work area on his/her birthday. The entire team may want to get involved.
- Hold monthly anniversary lunches where everyone hired during that month is recognized for his/her contributions to the organization.
- Refer to all “employees” as “associates”.
- Put Hershey’s Kisses® on everyone’s desk before they arrive to work.
- Pay for the employee’s professional association dues.
- Place a thank you card on the employee’s desk for them to find when they return to the office from a meeting or trip.
- Send an electronic thank you card for a job well done. Click here for Thanks.com
- Invite employees to participate in a company-paid, off-site seminar or training.
Find out how you can make UAMS a great place to work!