The University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences, Immigration Services in Human Resources provides assistance, resources and advice on a variety of immigration related employment issues and topics.
Immigration Services is located in Barton Research Building, 1st Floor, Room 1R23.
Phone: 501-686-8132 | Fax: 501-603-1317
Monday: 9:00am – 12:00pm; 1:30pm – 4:00pm
Tuesday: Closed (Available by email and phone only)
Wednesday: 9:00am – 12:00pm; 1:30pm – 4:00pm
Thursday: 9:00am – 12:00pm; 1:30pm – 4:00pm
Friday: Closed (Available by email and phone only)
UAMS Immigration Services: What We Do
- Foreign National Immigration Check-In (Payroll Documents)
- Employment Authorization & Reverification
- Alien Taxation
- Employment Verification Letters
- H-1B Travel Packet
- UAMS J-1 Exchange Visitor Program (SEVIS) (FAQs, J-1 Immigration Process, J-1 Transfer Requests, Extension Requests, Dependent J-2 Requests)
- J-1 Waivers (Types of Waivers)
- H-1B Visas & Labor Condition Applications (Overview, Eligibility, Process)
- TN Visas
- O-1 Visas
- Institutional Representation for Employer Sponsored Immigrant and Non-immigrant Visas
- Immigrant (Permanent Residency/Green Card) Petitions: Categories and Guidelines, Approved Law Firms (Note: Immigration Services works with external counsel to process employer-sponsored Permanent Resident petitions. You must use an approved attorney from the list provided when filing this application)
For answers to general questions regarding Immigration, contact us at ASKImmigration@uams.edu. We ask for your patience in allowing us time to respond within 2-3 business days. For issues concerning specific cases and/or requiring immediate attention, please contact a member of the Immigration staff via direct email.
Important Note for Pending Cases: Due to the high volume of foreign national employees we are currently assisting, we kindly request that departmental representatives and employees with pending cases allow us the opportunity to contact you regarding case notices. We understand the urgency and importance of each case and appreciate your patience. UAMS Immigration Services will contact you immediately as correspondence regarding your case is received.