H-1B Immigration Process
Hiring officials must complete the steps below for all:
- Initial H-1B requests for new employees outside of the U.S.;
- H-1B amendments and extensions for current employees;
All material changes, including but not limited to employee’s position, duties, wages and/or title, should be discussed with Immigration Services prior to changes being made. Amended petition. The petitioner shall file an amended or new petition, with fee, with the Service Center where the original petition was filed to reflect any material changes in the terms and conditions of employment or training or the alien’s eligibility as specified in the original approved petition. In the case of an H-1B petition, this requirement includes a new labor condition application.
- H-1B requests for new employees transferring from another employer; or
- H-1B for new or existing employees currently in the U.S. under a different immigration status.
The UAMS Immigration Office works with the hiring department to secure H1B status for its employees. Due to fluctuations in processing times, unanticipated backlogs and USCIS requests for additional evidence, it is recommendable to start the process 6 months in advance of the start date (standard processing) or 6 weeks in advance of the start date (premium processing). H1B status can be granted in 3 year increments for a total of 6 years.
STEP ONE: OPEN CASE
Immigration Tracker Portal: https://uams.casemgmtsys.com/
To obtain access to the Immigration Tracker Portal, email AskImmigration@uams.edu. You will receive a “Welcome to Tracker IMS” email from Support@trackercorp.com with your access link.
Once you have created your account, please do the following:
- Hover over the “Add” button, and click “Process.”
- Under the “New Service Request” section, choose H-1B from the Process dropdown list.
- If you are creating an H-1B request for a NEW EMPLOYEE:
a. Leave the Individual selection as “- New -” and click the “UAMS Intake – Add New Process/Employee” link.
2. If you are creating an H-1B request for an EXISTING EMPLOYEE:
a. Select the employee’s name in the Individual dropdown list.*
b. Click the “UAMS Intake – Add New Process/Employee” link.
*If you do not see your existing employee’s name under Individual, notify the Immigration Services office.
Please make sure that a correct email address is entered when filling out the intake form.
STEP TWO: REQUEST CHECKS
- Print and Complete the Immigration Check Request Form and submit this document with your check request(s).
- Request separate checks for each applicable fee, made payable to “Department of Homeland Security“, Vendor #32747: California Service Center.
- The SAP Non-Purchase Order Payments transaction must be used. Instructions on the SAP Non-PO Payment method here. If you have questions, contact Suzanne Leslie, UAMS Director of Procurement Services; Mail Slot 542; (501) 686-6134; (501) 686-8130 fax
- I-129 Filing Fee: $460 – Applies to all H-1B petitions
- Fraud Prevention and Detection Fee: $500 – Applies to all new H-1B petitions and employees transferring to UAMS from another employer; does not apply to petitions to extend or amend an alien’s stay
- Premium Processing Fee: $1,225 – Optional
Once you have requested the checks, please bring them to Immigration Services in HR at UAMS, Central Building – 4th floor, Wing D, Room 4D08.
Checking the status of the petition:
Hiring departments and beneficiaries may view the case status online at their convenience utilizing the receipt number provided.
To check the status of the case, visit the www.uscis.gov homepage.
How long will it take to get an H1B using standard processing?
Follow this link below to use the USCIS Case Processing Table (screenshot below) Case Processing Table
UAMS submits H1B petitions to the CSC – California Service Center, click “Service Center Processing Dates” to view the current processing times for your H1B.
Note: Make sure that next to Service Center, the drop down box indicates “CSC California Service Center” then select the box on the right labeled “Service Center Processing Dates”.