J-2 Dependent DS-2019 Request

Request a DS-2019 for a J-2 Dependent.

Current J-1 exchange visitors can submit this form online to request a DS-2019 for a visiting spouse or child.

J-2 Exchange Visitor Dependent Request

The spouse and dependent children of the J-1 Exchange Visitor are eligible for J-2 status and may use this status to accompany the J-1 individual to the U.S. To be eligible for J-2 child must not be over 21. No other family members are eligible for J-2 status. This form is ONLY for current UAMS J-1 faculty and staff. requesting a new or replacement DS-2019 for a new J-2 dependent. Initial J-1 requests with accompanying dependents MUST be received from the UAMS department sponsoring the exchange visitor. J-1 Residents and Fellows: Contact ECFMG for requests relating to dependents.
  • Information about the J-1 Exchange Visitor submitting this request.

  • J-1 Exchange Scholars, Researchers and Professors: Enter your name as it appears on your J-1 Visa and DS-2019 Form. If you are not currently in the U.S., please exit this form and contact your sponsoring department. If UAMS is not your J-1 sponsor (e.g. Programs sponsored by ECFMG), please exit this form and contact ECFMG.
  • Enter SEVIS record number of primary J-1 visa holder, this number can be found in the top right-hand corner of your Form DS-2019.
  • Information about Dependent

    The following information must be provided for the dependent. Please enter a separate request form for each dependent who should be issued a DS-2019 form.
  • Date Format: MM slash DD slash YYYY
    Please note the date format, errors in submission will delay the issuance of the DS2019 form.
  • Please provide the type of employment or occupation in the country of residence, if dependent is currently employed.
  • Please provide the name of the organization or company of employment in the country of residence (if applicable).
  • Upload a copy of the dependent's passport biographical page if available.
  • Upload a copy of your marriage certificate. If the certificate is not in English, please submit it together with a copy of certified English translation.