How to open a case in Immigration Tracker

Immigration Tracker Portal:

Department contacts use the Immigration Tracker Portal to initiate visa processes for employees. New and existing foreign national employees must log in to this system to complete questionnaires and upload required documents.

Immigration Tracker Quick Reference Guide for HR/Departments

To obtain access to the Immigration Tracker Portal, email You will receive a “Welcome to Tracker IMS” email from with your access link.

To Open an H-1B or J-1 Case in Immigration Tracker:

  1. Log in to Immigration Tracker.
  2. Hover over the “Add” button, and click “Process.”
  3. Under the “New Service Request” section, choose H-1B or J-1 Consular from the Process dropdown list.
  4. For a NEW EMPLOYEE:
    Leave the Individual selection as “- New -”.


    Select the employee’s name in the Individual dropdown list.
    *If you do not see your existing employee’s name under Individual, notify the Immigration Services office.
  6. Select “UAMS” in the Petitioner dropdown list.
  7. Click the “UAMS Intake – Add New Process/Employee” link to the left of the dropdown boxes.

Please make sure that a correct email address is entered when filling out the intake form. Complete the intake form as completely as possible, with the “start date” as the day the new employee will begin employment, or for a current employee, as the day after the employee’s current status expiration date.

Once the intake is completed, click on  “Submit Questionnaire.”