The UAMS Leadership Institute is aimed at identifying and developing leaders who will contribute to the continued success of UAMS. The participants will have the opportunity to interact with colleagues and professionals from the campus and community to gain a better understanding of their personal leadership styles; build relationships across campus; and understand the issues facing leaders in the health care industry. The UAMS Leadership Institute seeks to:
- Foster an environment where participants can build relationships and learn from one another.
- Acquaint the participants with campus needs, challenges and opportunities.
- Provide the participants with the tools needed to develop and enhance their leadership skills.
- Provide the participants with the opportunity to demonstrate their leadership skills through a variety of activities and presentations.
- Retain and motivate future leaders.
Criteria for Application
- Hold the position of director, business administrator, faculty, or the equivalent. (Please contact Michelle Phillips (email@example.com) with any questions regarding your position)
- Professed interest and commitment to leadership.
- Willingness to devote time and resources to the UAMS Leadership Institute.
- Demonstration of leadership skills.
- Demonstration of strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships.
- Financial and time commitment of nominee’s supervisor for nominee to participate in the program.
- Completed application.
Applications for the 2013 Leadership Institute will be accepted from October 1, 2012 until November 30, 2012.
Please contact Michelle Phillips firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information.